What is OpenTurkOpenTurk is an academic project aimed at improving crowdsourcing platforms both from the worker as well as from the requester point-of-view. OpenTurk currenlty involves researchers from the University of Fribourg in Switzerland and the University of Sheffield in UK. The first outcome of this project is the OpenTurk Extension: an open-source tool for MTurk workers to better organize their turking activity. What OpenTurk does:
- It wants to make micro-task crowdsourcing more useful and more enjoyable.
- It stores subscribed requesters and queries to notify workers when new HITs are available.
- It may use stored data to perform academic research: You can find our resesarch papers here.
- It does not sell or give data to advertisers or third party companies.
- It does not show advertisements.
- It does not have a pricing or subscription plan.
Meet Our Team
Djellel E. Difallah
Djellel is the master of OpenTurk. He is a PhD Student at the University of Fribourg and the main developer of OpenTurk. His PhD research is about improving crowdsourcing scalability.
Gianluca is a Lecturer in Data Science at the University of Sheffield, UK. He started to work on OpenTurk and crowdsourcing while he was a researcher at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland.
Previous Team Members
Victor, while student at the University of Fribourg, implemented several OpenTurk features among which the OpenTurk Wall. He is now attending the Hacker School in New York.